Monday, September 14, 2009

Boat

Here is where I wanted to go.
Here is where I am!
The roads are crossed,
The light is gone,
And I'm afraid of the dark!

I've missed the boat!
Missed the boat!
Echoes my mournful cry.

The boat is gone,
Alas tis true.
One may be along
When my time to go is come.

Don't go on, misguided friend.
Your way the risk is great!
At least stand still
Till we catch up.
We'll help you
When we can.

Don't leave us now!
You won't be back!
We love you as you are.
Please wait! Please wait,
Dearest friend,
Don't leave us in the dark.

Afraid, afraid we're all afraid.
But here is where
We wanted to go.
Here is where we are.

The road is obscure.
Our doubts are strong.
Misguided I may be.
Behind there is no light.
Ahead there still may be.

I leave you there
With heavy heart
My help was yours
When close we stood.

My love for you
Is not undone.
It grows for you
Along these darkened paths.

Be sad for me.
Be glad for me,
But don't embittered be!

Should light I find,
Quick back I'll come for thee.
Should boat I find,
Quick fast I'll tie a line
So all will find a place
On board with me.

October, 1980

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home