Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kindred Spirit

Oh kindred spirit I ache for you.
From deep within my Being
I sing praises to your light.
Your jagged splintered heart
Pierces to my very soul.

I cry for me and you
Secluded in some dark dank hovel.
Alone, besmirched and abused
By callous men and silken women
I see their eyes filled with disgust.

Their mouths spew forth the venom of their ire.
I feel the fear which masks itself with mock revulsion.
Please take pity on us.
We fail to see the beauty of your exquisite contribution.

You ask me who I am
And why embrace so foul a creature.
I am your brother, kindred spirit.
One whose fond embrace is remembered
When together whole we stood.

Within this short allotted time,
Before we part again
To carry out our painful service,
Be still with me and let us share
Our love and dedication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home