Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Encounter

Heavy heart. Blowing breath.
Lament. Lament.

I hope I have not harmed you
Precious one.
A helping hand. A caring hug.
I sense some aspects
Of your needs.

Totally responsive to you.
Stretched out, exposed and vulnerable
I would to bed with you,
But trust in you and me
The rightful course.

I dare not, I can not,
I will not hide from you.

The honest expression
Of these thoughts and feelings
Is more important to you
And to your life
Than any misguided claims
On you and me.

This is not our first encounter.
It will not be our last.
I ask you not to fear tomorrow.
What good are words
If we fear the possibility
Of our intimate expression of love?

Yours are difficult decisions to make.
It is dark enough out here
Without adding our clouds
Of doubting self.

Your control this encounter
As much as me.
If you like what you see in me,
Rejoice for this is
But a reflection of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home