Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dare to Be

I'm not searching for identity,
Really this is me.

I'm not looking to achieve,
But to serve as best I can.

If you want me to fail I will,
But I would rather see
Us all succeed.

You tend to reach too low.
I tend to reach too high.

You are right and
I am wrong,
Doesn't make much sense to me.

If you prefer to reach too high,
I'll gladly take the other side.

Do I seem old?
I feel that way.
At times that is
Even difficult to say.

Perhaps it's just
Another foolish thought,
But I perceive this
Threatens you somewhat.

Older equals wiser.
Wiser implies you're right.

Forget this awful nonsense.
It's just clutter,
Don't you see?

Just walk with me
Along this way.

Be open, loving,
Accepting and free.

Dare to be you
While I dare to be me.

October, 1980

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home