Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our Significance

Open carefully my heart and soul.
Bring close your candled flame.
Soft light and gentle truth
Expose some valued things.

I value me.
I value you.
There is some significance
For us to see.

No one can truly lead the way.
Together our efforts
Will reveal some meaning
For us both.

I trust our responsible regard
Of our separate vulnerabilities.
But too in honesty I must advise
A friend so close may soon become
A dear and cherished love.

Pull back when and if you must.
Retreat through the open door.
If you should choose to stay
And draw nearer to the distant light,
Reach out and lightly take my hand.

You need not cling.
I need not pull away.
The past is there,
But we are here and now.

Tomorrow will come
And in due course
We will find
Our true significance.

October, 1980

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home