Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We Will See

Oh son of Satan
You play a deadly game
Of cloak and dagger.

Deceitful son of pompous pride
You move to capture all you can.
I do not see,
But know you are there.

The circle is drawn.
The firelight dimly
Reaches to the edge.
You sense an opportunity
Drawing near.

You fool yourself
You son of hate.
No wielding weapon
Of the darkness
Can penetrate the light.

The light goes where it wants.
The darkness hastily retreats.

I am near defenseless,
But for me not near enough.
Each momentous encounter
Clears away another barrier.

One day we will stand eye to eye.
One day we will see
What I really am.

Fear this day
Damned son of night.
Truly fear this coming day.

No one to fight except yourself.
No one to lose the fight but you.

Bring me now
Your toughest challenge.
You cannot afford to shy away
Nor can you afford to risk
Too much on me.

Another opportunity
Is drawing near
Because I let the darkness
Come around.

Yesterday's dark abyss
Is not here now.
Today is your only chance.
Tomorrow you haven't a prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home